Becoming a lawyer is a dream for many – a responsible and highly paid job. Here you can read more about what is required to become a lawyer, what education to take and what the job entails.
As a lawyer you are engaged in that
- Advise other people personally in relation to the law
- Finding justice within the framework of the law
- Completed documents in connection with judicial work
- Be an actor in court actions where you represent your client
Be the link between law and people and thus help our society to function
A lawyer is typically specialized in a particular area such as criminal court or inheritance. The reason for this is that the lawyer is a counselor who needs very accurate and detailed knowledge of the law in a given area. Therefore, it’s almost human impossible to be “a lawyer in everything”. Some law firms can take all kinds of cases, but the individual case will then be handled by a lawyer who specializes in the subject concerned. You can visit https://dfwcaraccidentlawyers.com/ to know more.
How do I become a lawyer?
Becoming a lawyer is a protected title, where a specific and demanding education is required. It is a long education in several stages that ends with an “appointment” – that is, you can finally use the title and get the opportunity to act as an actor in the judicial system.
- You must have an upper secondary education with the right average (2015: 9.4 on the 12 scale), after which
- You must be a lawyer from one of the legal studies at the Danish universities, which typically takes 5-6 years. The study has a reputation for being highly intellectually demanding in terms of study. You will not sleep through jurisprudence, but when done you can call yourself a “lawyer”.
- Then you will be in practical training as a “lawyer” at a law firm for 3 years.
- Finally, you must pass a 1-year law degree before you can get the final appointment entitled “lawyer”
It may seem like a long process, but since you are already employed as a lawyer after the law degree, you are in some sense in the lawyer function already after 6 years.
It is absolutely crucial that you find that your lawyer is available. Of course, this applies to both reply to mail within a reasonable time, answer to phone or callback, and it is important that you can visit your lawyer or even meet up and take an informal talk about things if you feel that it is needed.
Global or European is good but local is best
The best solution if you represent a cross-border company is a legal office that covers all of Europe or the world if you need it and that they also have local Danish offices where you can meet up and get the advice you need. You must receive effective and solution-oriented counseling, both in local, national and international cases if you or your company needs it.