Medical malpractice litigation stems from the professional transgressions, irrational decision-making, or carelessness of a healthcare professional or medical facility, which means you can obtain lucrative compensation for any injuries or personal harms sustained at the hands of a doctor, surgeon, dentist, nurse, or any other type of practitioner.
The Cold, Hard Facts
In order to fully comprehend the pivotal role of your local medical negligence lawyers, we have to dive into the statistics and trends shown below:
- Ever since 2002, there have been approximately 18,000 – 22,000 documented deaths per year resulting from medical negligence.
- According to a study conducted in 2017, there are roughly 60,000 Australians living with a terminal disability or chronic disorder that was caused by neglectful medical care.
- Each year, upwards of 86,000 people are hospitalised because of avoidable medication oversights and improper prescription treatments.
- As of January 2018, there were nearly 12,000 active medical malpractice cases being litigated in our nation’s court systems, but this figure doesn’t cover the tens of thousands of cases that are settled out-of-court each year.
- As a matter of fact, almost two-thirds of medical negligence lawsuits are settled during private arbitrations and mediations, due in large part to the fact that in-court litigation can last many years before reaching a final verdict.
As such, your local medical malpractice specialists represent an incredibly important resource in today’s day and age, particularly when considering the fact that the typical negligence payout ranges between $60,000 – $80,000.
What Can My Attorney Do for Me?
If you’ve been negatively affected by a practitioner and wish to ascertain the best course of action, it’s worth noting that your local law firm can provide a robust, comprehensive service to help you fight for the justice you deserve. Such service can include the following:
- Collect depositions, statements, and testimonies from every pertinent party, including various medical experts, staff members, and other individuals related to your case.
- Assemble your medical records and documentation in order to conduct an exhaustive investigation and complete required legal paperwork.
- Correspond with examiners, consultants, advisors, and expert witnesses to develop viable theories and models that support your case.
- Schedule independent medical examinations to assess the full scope of your injuries.
- Provide objective advice and guidance from start to finish.
- Represent your best interests during arbitrations and in-court proceedings.
- File official lawsuits to help you obtain large rewards for your medical expenses, recuperative bills, lost wages, and other aspects stemming from your case.
During your initial consultation, you’ll be able to work hand-in-hand with a compassionate, dextrous team of legal specialists to learn about the specifics of your case and identify the most suitable plan of attack based on your unique needs.
This inclusive assistance is essential in any type of medical negligence case, so be sure to schedule your introductory appointment with one of these experts as soon as possible – there isn’t a moment to spare.