According to the National Security Administration Highway Traffic Administration (NHTSA) more than 1.7 million traffic accidents resulted in injuries during 2016 in the United States. When you are injured in a car accident, you have the legal right to request compensation for your medical expenses and other non-economic losses. You have the possibility of demanding that compensation by filing a petition with the insurer and / or a personal injury claim against the party that caused the accident.
A personal injury claim is a pertinent petition in the following situation:
- Someone acted negligently causing an accident
- The accident caused injuries and damages to you
- You want to hold the negligent parties responsible for their losses
While the aforementioned situation will make you believe that these claims are simple, there are legal concepts and processes involved in this type of claim. Your case may involve any of these or several:
- Statutes of limitations , which are established by state law
- Regulations for insurers if an insurance company acted negligently with respect to your claim
- Laws of comparative negligence and guilt
- Negligence or negligence per se
- Absolute responsibility and main employer
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Regulation of the Evidence
These principles can be complex and difficult to apply in real-life cases and personal injury claims.
Fortunately, there is a community of lawyers practicing throughout the country and they have the experience and training necessary to manage personal injury cases. The statistics show that approximately 7 percent of legal professionals (almost 93,000) call themselves personal injury lawyers. These are the lawyers that handle claims for automobile accidents and therefore to which you must go after having suffered injuries in an accident of this type.
CAUSES OF CAR ACCIDENTS
Every time someone drives carelessly or recklessly, an accident can occur. Approximately 28% of deaths from car accidents happen because a driver was intoxicated or was driving under the influence (DUI). Most car accidents happen when a driver does not pay attention to the road, at speeds, disobeys a traffic law, is distracted by a passenger or a phone call, or text messages. A car can be involved in a single accident, or in a collision against other cars, motorcycles, trucks, bicycles or pedestrians. Some of the car accident injury claims we can help you with include:
- Multiple collision vehicle accidents
- Defense Accident
- Drive while sending text messages
- Drive drunk
- Driving without insurance
- Drivers with insufficient insurance
- Crash accident where the culprit escapes the accident site
Sometimes, a victim of a car accident must deal with the situation of an accident where the culprit escapes the scene of the accident, which can be a particularly problematic situation. An investigation is conducted by the police, and supervised by a Phoenix Car Accident Attorney, often finding the driver guilty, thus holding him liable for the damage he caused. Such criminals will face additional legal penalties, which other drivers do not face.
Working with a lawyer can also save you from a lot of stress at a time when you should focus on your health.